Individual travel routes through the island of Sri Lanka with travel tables, travelogues, accommodations, sights, activities and pictures.
I would recommend the itinerary of 3 weeks. If the time will not be enough, for example Anuradhapura and / or Arugam Bay can omitted. It does not matter if the journey is made right or left
around. That´s up to you. The northern route is only recommended for those who have already traveled to the middle and southern part of Sri Lanka.
In any case, it makes sense to begin the trip in Negombo, as the city is only half an hour from the airport. Skip Colombo and escape the dirt and noise of the city, which has no great deal to
Travelling in Sri Lanka is quite easy, so you can certainly do without an organized trip and plan and realize the trip on its own.
It also make sense to hire a driver with car, which you can book almost anywhere (see also my blog) and that´s not so expensive. The drivers usually are well informed, can give advice and organize also accommodation.
1. The country is only a fifth of India in size,
making it easier to decide where to go
2. You can visit nearly the whole country and do just what you like with ease:
- the beautiful beaches
- hiking in the highest mountains
- see old historical places
- take a safari trip in one of the many national parks
- go surfing
3. People seem more refined
4. The country is cleaner
5. They do not lie as often it seems to me
6. They do not spit on the floor as often it seems to me
7. They do not bother you as much
8. It is only an hour from the airport to the beach to relax
9. I didn´t hear stories of women being raped
10. No beggars were around